Baling Hay

hay bale, hay rake, haybine, round baler, sickle mower, square baler, tedder -

Baling Hay

At D&M Supply we do not only sell hay baling parts but we also live the life.  We have been baling hay for over 30 years in both square and round bales. We utilize all type of equipment and cutting methods.

Cutting Hay

We use 2 methods seen below.  For our tractor without hydraulics, we use a New Holland 7 ft sickle mower.  For our tractors with hydraulics, we run a New Holland 7ft Haybine.  With either method here in the south, the grass must be dry and have at least several days in the forecast without rain.

new holland 451 sickle mower
new holland 472 haybine








After a couple of days, we like to use a tedder to fluff and turn the hay over.

2 basket tedder

Hay Rake

Again depending on the tractor and location, we use a couple of different types of hay rake.  For nice even and flat fields we like to use a pull type rake, either an International or New Holland.  For bumpy and hilly fields we use a 3pt rake.  We find this type rake flows with the tractor better going over uneven places.

New Holland Hay RakeInternational 14 Hay Rake

Massey Ferguson 3pt Hay Rake


Once the hay is perfectly cured and dry we will begin the baling process.  This is where members of your local High School football team come in handy.  We like to square bale and have the boys load them by hand on the trailer.  Then they get to unload it all in the hay barn.  Its a good workout for the boys who are not exposed to the farm life.

Massey Ferguson 12 square baler
New Holland 268 Square Hay Baler

Loaded Square Bales ready for the Barn

For all your baling replacement teeth, visit our Hay Bailing page.  Our website is new and being updated daily.  If there is a part you need, use the contact us tab below.  Chances are we have it available.

Contact D&M Supply